- Attendance At School
Attendance At School
Regular attendance at school ensures your child has the best learning opportunities and social interactions.
The school is required to mark the attendance registers twice a day. Your can use your parent log in to the parent portal to see your child's record of attendance.
Justified absences include
- Unplanned absences such as a bus breakdown, accident, road closure, extreme weather conditions etc
- Planned non attendance such as national/local representation in a sporting or cultural event in New Zealand or overseas.
- Approved absence (including overseas) can also include bereavement, visiting an ill relative, exceptional family circumstances
Unjusitifed absences include
- explanation for the absence is accepted by the school as the reason for the absence. But the reason does not fit within the school's policy as a justifiable reason to take the student off school. (Even though the parents may consider the absence was justified and may have provided a written explanation). E.g. “Molly had to stay home to look after her younger brother”.
- New Zealand and overseas holidays.
If you are considering a holiday either in New Zealand or overseas in term time, an email to the Principal (email@example.com) is requested outlining the reasons for the holiday. It may be, that the leave can be justified as explained above. The classroom teacher and enrolment officer (firstname.lastname@example.org) should also be included.